A Plan to Build a 21st Century Virginia GOP
With the 2019 election complete, the Virginia Democratic Party has now established complete dominance over the state government, owning all statewide offices as well as full control of the legislature. The coming far-left government, and all that we know it intends to do, should concentrate minds on the seriousness of the situation.
It is time for Virginia Republicans to create the 21st century party infrastructure that is necessary to compete effectively and roll back Democratic Party gains.
To this end, these are the...
Objectives of the Virginia Project
- Take a complete accounting of GOP performance in every election district in the state of Virginia;
- Ensure that there is a Republican candidate on the ballot for every office, in every district, in every election cycle;
- Build out missing and underperforming party infrastructure, activating every idle unit throughout the state;
- Optimize branding, marketing, messaging, voter outreach and mobilization, along with the communications and information technologies that support these activities;
- Provide a baseline level of candidate support to all Republican candidates throughout the state;
- Develop success narratives agreeable to the whole party, and a sense of shared purpose;
- Develop information, resource, and skills-sharing networks between units, and between our people on the ground; and
- Force the Democratic Party to play defense, disrupt their narratives, and counter their long-view strategy of incremental and continuous gains.
This mission can be done. There is no obstacle in our path that cannot be overcome - all that has been lacking is the resolve to do so. Now that Democrats control the state, that resolve will manifest, sooner or later. The time to get started is now.
Every other person in Virginia or elsewhere who understands the gravity and immediacy of the danger that the people of Virginia are in under its new Democratic Party government, and shares my resolve to end that danger, I call to my side to join this initiative. Contact us and let's get this party restarted.
David Gordon, Founder - The Virginia Project
November 10, 2019