Candidate Services Program
The Virginia Project's support of Republican candidates is unconditional.
Because our Mission Principles forbid spending money against a Republican candidate or taking sides in a primary contest, some services are available to nominees and presumed nominees only. If you're the only candidate in a race and there is little likelihood of another Republican challenger, we can treat you as the nominee before formal designation as such.
Here's what we offer to help candidates succeed in their campaigns.
- Free web hosting in perpetuity on our "armored", censorship-resistant, PCI-compliant platform. It's a beast. We have capacity for every GOP unit, campaign, and activist in the state.
- Free DNS support to minimize the chance that your email mailings are blocked or delivered to spam.
- We will connect you to current and former elected officials - people who have been there, done that, and done it successfully - for you to draw on for the wisdom of experience and their advisement.
- We will connect you to our network of party units, auxilliaries, PACs and other organizations who each bring their own support to the table.
- We arrange training for candidates - nuts and bolts "how to" so you don't have to figure it all out by yourself.
- We provide a constant stream of useful messaging and can give guidance on the top issues of the day and how you can use them effectively in your campaign.
- Access to the Party Operations Portal at virginiaproject.org and the utilities therein.
- We promote your messaging that is in harmony with our own and not directly connected to a campaign site.
- As a party nominee, we will open our volunteer roster for you to draw on for campaign work and needed specialized skills.
- We'll promote any and all of your messaging, even that which is directly connected to your campaign site.
- To the extent that we are able, we will provide direct financial support for your campaign. It's not our forte yet, but we're working hard to make it happen.
- We will do everything in our power to encourage others to support, volunteer for, and to donate to your campaign.
- We'll be working with your local GOP committees too to strengthen their capacity to support your campaign.
Our goal is to provide for Republican candidates all the institutional support that Democrats routinely enjoy. You can expect that as our resources grow we will be adding additional services to the maximum extent we are able. We are constantly on the lookout for any advantage that can be gained for Republicans and put into play.